Medic Alert System
Medical Alert User Guidelines
- Residents living within the City limits of Hoover are eligible to use the Medical Alert System.
- Applications for the Medic Alert System may be completed online by clicking the link at the bottom of this page.
- Applications should be filled out completely.
- System equipment will be loaned to the user upon the receipt of a $300.00 deposit check made out to the City of Hoover.
- At the user's expense, an RJ31 Phone Jack must be installed in the residence. This Jack is designed to ensure that the Medical Alert System will work even if the patient's phone is off the hook. This jack should be installed in the patient's bedroom near an electrical outlet. The application should not be submitted until the jack has been installed in the residence.
- The medical alert receiver installed in the patient's residence will have a mechanical push button on the front to be used in the event that medical assistance is necessary. A radio transmitter pendent will be furnished for the patient to wear in the event he or she is away from the primary unit. The radio transmitter pendent is limited to a distance of approximately 100 feet from the receiver.
- The City of Hoover 911 Center receives calls from the Emergency Medical Alert System. When a call is received from the patient's residence a Fire Department unit will be dispatched to the patient's address and a call made to the residence for verification of the medical emergency.
- When all required forms and the user fee is received and accepted by the City of Hoover an appointment will be made to install the system. The medical alert system should be installed within 14 working days.
- Relocation within the City limits of Hoover requires prior notification before the equipment is moved.
Important: If anyone is with the patient at the time of a medical problem, they should not use the medical alert system; they should call 911 for the patient.
Should you need additional information please contact:
2020 Valleydale Road
Hoover, Al 35244